Friday, March 19, 2010

Course... Dilemma?

Well, see, I've been pondering this problem again. I thought I'd resigned myself to the fact that I'd be continuing my present course, BA Journalism, because it didn't rain that Friday. Err. That's weird, I know, but I needed a sign and it didn't come. That means I wouldn't shift to the Creative Writing program. But when I think of plots, characters, and adjectives, I can't help thinking of the possibility: what if Creative Writing is really meant for me? I sure can't make up my mind! Sometimes, I tell myself that I'll finish Journalism first and then take another four-year course on Creative Writing, or maybe just the non-Baccalaureate Creative Writing certificate. But I worry myself sick when I think about taking CW 100 in my third year, first semester... (I'm not really convinced that's a good idea and that I might get A LOT of scolding from my adviser but who cares. I want to take the Elective, for goodness' sake!) What if I suddenly change my mind while taking CW 100 and decide to shift to the program? Hell, I'll be in my third year and only three or four semesters away from that coveted diploma and now I'll be changing my mind? I just feel so guilty, is all...

Okay, so let's say I did shift to Creative Writing this summer, after all. Yehey! Happy!... But what if I suddenly think that the syllabus, the professors, my classmates, and the course itself sucked? Would I run back to the College of Mass Communication and decide to take Journalism again? AAGH! -tears hair- My thoughts are so full of what if's. I envy people who are really persistent in shifting out from their present courses. And those who won't. At least, they know what they're doing and have made up their mind about what they're going to do in the future... (I don't want to end up studying in a college in my province because I got kicked out of UP for spending more than 6 years.)

I have to find out just where the "bend in the road" is and what my "Alpine Path" would look like, is all...

Either way, both courses are still concerned with writing. The only difference is that they work in different forms. If I do continue with Journalism, I'd take up Feature Writing. I have it all mapped out but I'm seriously having doubts. God help me.

... On the other hand, at least I'm a normal seventeen year old worrying about her future. So there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment