Friday, March 19, 2010

JASON CASTRO!!

March 18, 2010

WAAAAAAAH!

I just came back from Jason Castro's show on Trinoma and my... feet... hurt... But it was okay! It was worth it! To see Jason sing live is a rare chance, not all of us get to see him in person (or even know him). Well, it started out at 7PM and the last song ended at around 7:45PM so it was really short. He sang, like, 10 songs, I think... Or even less than that.

It's a little disappointing 'cause I didn't have the chance to take a picture of him performing. I didn't bring the camera; it was slightly broken. I didn't even get the CD or the poster autographed. The people there said that the first 100 only get to meet him after the show... And I wasn't one of them!

I thought 5:30 was early enough for a 7PM so I took my time. Maybe I should have come earlier, at around 4PM? I thought I was a fangirl but there are girls there who are... fangirl-er than I am. XD

Okay. So the performance. It was nice, lots of girls screaming... One woman shouted, "I LOVE YOU, JASON!!" and he said, "I love you, too!" That sent the audience screaming like crazy! Haha! It was sort of funny 'cause he was doing trivial things like drink water or wipe his face and all the girls would scream, "AAAAAAAAH!!" LOL! Well, I thought that was funny.

Hmm... A lot of people are going to ask me, "What does he look like?" And I'd tell them, "Well, just like how you see him on television!" Because it's true! Like, do you expect him to morph or to look like someone else in person? He looks cuter in person, though. :D His hair (on dreadlocks) is so long that it reaches to his waist. (Err... Is it just me or is his hair really long?..) The first time I saw him, I only saw dreadlocks.... O_O Haha! No, really! (Mesh was right when she said that he came from a pirate movie.) But he was cuter in person, definitely! Oh yeah. Jason was wearing a light gray shirt, dark denim pants, and brown shoes. Just simple. Nothing fancy about it. I guess people like that... It's his trademark. :D

I couldn't understand what Jason was saying or the lyrics to the songs (I could only sing along to Let's just fall in love again) because I was sort of standing behind the speakers. It sounded like, "Buurrburrbururuurrrr...." and lalalala... Haha! But it was really cute when he was practicing (at around 6PM). I was sitting in front of Jollibee and the people waiting in line started screaming so I ran near the fence (?) and caught a glimpse of Jason and his companion practicing. He was saying, "1, 2, check" over and over again (sounded more like 1, 2, sheck, though). After a few seconds, he started strumming his guitar and sang "1, 2, check." I think that's cute. Well, yeah...

Anyway, there weren't A LOT of people around. Maybe because he's not as famous as David Cook or David Archuleta... But that was alright. I was able to see him close enough from where I was standing. I had to stand there for such a long time so as not to lose my place. If I moved even an inch away, the people behind me would rush in to fill the space, so I was careful about that. But my feet really hurt now. :D

Most of the songs he sang were from his new album. He did sing Hallelujah and Somewhere over the Rainbow (while playing a small guitar... is that a ukelele?). But, really, most of them were slow but still catchy. I got a little sleepy but when you hear the audience screaming, you'd wake up immediately... It wasn't boring, though. Just sleepy... Hehe... Did that make sense?

Well, the experience was amazing! Hey, I got to watch an Idol contestant perform live! Isn't that an achievement?.. I think it is... LOL!

Oh yeah. I bought the Love Uncompromised EP for 200 pesos and it came with a free poster! Is that a deal?.. I'm giving it to my sister 'cause she's graduating this month. It's sort of early but that's alright. After all, it is Jason Castro and I know she'd brag about it in school... XD

I came alone, by the way. Laude was reviewing for exams and Leslie was at home doing a paper. :D

I took a taxi back to the dorm because there were no jeepneys in Trinoma and I'm too lazy to cross the footbridge to SM North. It costs 77.50 but the driver charged 80 pesos. Well, that's about alright, I think. :D

I do hope Jason would come back to the Philippines again and, this time, have a major concert. That'd be great!

Rock on~

P.S. Be jealous. Be very jealous. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment