Sunday, March 7, 2010

Movie Review - Alice in Wonderland

Rating: 8/10

So Tim Burton really did a nice turn for this classic by adding special effects and all that shizz he's known for, but still, something is desperately missing in this movie. The characters are nice, funny, and insanely weird, just the kind that you'll expect from the famed director. But, story-wise? I think he and his crew infused so much creativity into the characters that it was all used up by the time they thought of the plot. The story is predictable, cliche, easily forgettable, and whatever you might call it. It just isn't Tim Burton-y... For me, at least.

I've got some good to say about the movie (don't worry). The actors were awesome! Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter did their roles justice. Mia Wasikowska proved herself to be a great actress, and so did Anne Hathaway (yet again). The CGI animation was done pretty well. Wonderland looks great with the Tim Burton touch. I especially liked the March Hare; he's so crazy and his laugh is so funny! Also, the Cheshire Cat was adorable. I love him! He's as adorable as the [fat] puss-in-boots. The Jabberwocky and Bandersnatch were great creations. I'm glad that Johnny Depp recited "Jabberwocky" in the movie because you could say the lines along with him. :D

(Well, it's my first time watching a movie in 3D and all I can say is that it's awesome, except for the screen because it's sort of bitin... But it was nice all the same.)

No comments:

Post a Comment