Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010

8:37AM - I won another Scrabble game in P.E. Yay! Something's odd, though. Whenever I chance upon a scrabble or a bingo word, my heart beats really fast. To date, I have played two scrabble words: LASTING and, most recently, ENCORES. It's such a weird feeling, you know?

We're having another game on Thursday. I'm pretty nervous about it, but I'm sure it'll be alright. One lose won't hurt, ayt? My standing is: 3 wins - 1 loss. My spread is 124, I think. That's a pretty high number and the opponents will just get tougher and tougher. I know that God will be there to help me, even without practicing in Scrabble Interactive. Yoshi~!!

I have just finished cleaning my electric fan. Phew. That's about ten minutes of no air. Thankfully, it's not yet that hot... That, I think, is one of the consequences of living alone: you have the obligation to clean everything or you'll fail during G.I. (general inspection) days...

12:22PM - I finished watching Paris Je t'aime. It's such a nice collection of French shorts that'll make one fall in love with Paris. The stories are so nice and simple and neat... *sighsigh* Makes me want to type a review. :)

Like all other days in the dormitory, I feel quite odd about the way the cafeteria (concessionaire is a nice word but it doesn't suit them, I think... XD) people shake the ladle when they're giving you food and all the good pieces drop out. I understand that they're trying to feed 500 plus students but it just doesn't seem right, especially since vacation just finished and we're all used to placing mountains of food in our plates. Bleh. I dunno. I feel that way. Sorta.

7:45PM - I have finished reading Emily Climbs by L.M. Montgomery. It's such a shame. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the ending was a cliff-hanger. It ended beautifully with: "Perhaps Teddy was only shy!" Oh, yes. Now that is a pretty sentence, no?

I have also posted three reviews on my blog: two for movies and one for the book. Such a dear that blog is. I miss it so. I want to write so much but I don't know what. There is so much inside of me that bubbles up to the top (like a volcano!)... Up, up, up! But when it nearly explodes, the pressure is gone and the bubbles fade into blackness. That is frustrating.

L.M. Montgomery-related articles in Wikipedia never fail to amuse me. I know they hold the truth. I have read it in her books so. She is such a dear. I wish I could have met her, or at least wrote to her. Why, even if I did not receive a reply I would have been very happy! I think she was good to her fans and perhaps even answered them personally. I want to be that kind of writer.

So many italics! Perhaps the fictional Mr. Carpenter would scold me. I hope not.

8:58PM - (The bell has just rung!)

I have just finished reviewing for my exam on Thursday. It is interesting to read foreign names out loud, especially those in French and German. They have a certain richness that you can find, for example, in pronouncing Le Roux. Yes, there is some magic in Filipino names but I find foreign ones queer and fascinating. Not so the American ones. They seem to be bland, lifeless, and colorless. That is my opinion and it is mine to say. :P

I MUST WRITE! Whenever this is on me, I feel that I have to write every time. This change comes down upon me only when I have just finished reading an L.M. Montgomery book. (Oh, see how influential she is!) The common man may not understand that but whatever. Tonight, I am possessed by Emily Byrd Starr. Pardon the use of the word. We do sometimes associate it with evil things. But isn't it good to be possessed by good spirits often?

I MUST buy myself an empty notebook to write my thoughts in when the laptop is inaccessible (such as when I'm reviewing). Sometimes the plot for a story comes and leaves like the wind. It is so hard to grasp, like the lady of Opportunity my high school English teacher taught us about. It's so fleeting and beautiful. The only problem with writing manually is that my right hand aches from the motion. I MUST find a way to remedy that.

(But come, I must stop writing, I think.)

I am lying in my bed while typing this up. It is a little painful but I like it this way. I can do two things at the same time: type and rest. Ah, some people would not advise me to do it because the bed loses it's sense of being a bed to rest in at night. I like it this way, though. It's so nice and comforting and soft that the words just pour out.

(Oh, come. I told myself that once the bell rings I MUST turn off this thing but here I am.)

Isn't must a splendid word? It makes you do things you otherwise wouldn't do. It's such a powerful force of a word.

I tie my hair up in an unkempt bun when I'm studying. Is it a trait I picked up from Violet Baudelaire of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events? (It is rather unfortunate that I have not read this volume yet.)

I am excited for tomorrow because we're going to have Lingg 1. I'm going to see my old friends again! But come 10:00 and it's a horrid time. Agh. History. And I still don't have the readings! That's because our professor (I will prevent myself from typing horrible descriptions.) has forgotten to give them to the lady last year. He is so impossible. His mannerisms are enough to infuriate anyone! (There it goes, folks.) It will also be English 11 day tomorrow. I don't dread it as much as I dread History. I do dread, though, discussing poetry. It is so deep and difficult that it chokes you like a "barbed wire snare." Say, that just came out of Sylvia Plath's Daddy! But, then again, I never much liked poetry. I do not recognize the works of Tennyson and Wordsworth. (But I do like Emily Browning's Sonnets from the Portuguese 43: How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.) Prose is so much better understood by common folk.

There now, I must stop. Really stop.

The soul of Emily's pen is at work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment