Thursday, December 17, 2009

Kalai Gives Back

I attended the first part only, but it was fun. Absolutely, it was better than the Acquaintance party. I enjoyed the performance of the UPSA - UP Singing Ambassadors. Their voices are so nice and ethereal (I just love that word). I thought they were going to be the final performers but they weren't. Actually, they sang first. It's soooooo lovely!

I also liked the part when the Kalai maintenance and staff sang. I actually heard them practicing a while ago. See, their "practice place" was just outside our window (actually below, since we're on the second floor). It was really nice to see them on the stage, belting out to the tune of Christmas songs. It was also nice to see Ate Lita back. Aww. She may not be our floor's janitress but we missed her (I'm sure it's the same with my floormates).

The event wouldn't be "Kalai gives back" if there weren't any benificiaries, right? The proceeds of the ticket sales (which is a required 10 pesos per person) will go to the noche buena package of the Kalai maintenance and staff, including the lady guards. Plus, some of it will also go to a project of the Parish of the Holy Sacrifice. I forgot the name but it had something to do with feeding kids for 3 months with a 3,000 peso donation. Fun!

The Kalai dance group also performed. I couldn't see them, though, 'cause we were in the back row and some of the residents were standing up. :P


So, yes. I'm in my room right now, typing this up. They're holding the second part downstairs, at the basketball court. There's singing from the 3rd floor boys, I think. I don't like concerts that much so I'll stay here and wait for it to end... That'll be the start of the GAddesses Christmas Party. XD

All in all, I enjoyed my stay in Kalai for the year 2009. With the first release of Kalaibasa this January and the annual Pasafest, there's lots of things to look forward to in the next year. See ya~

No comments:

Post a Comment