Saturday, April 11, 2009

Vacation Day 1: La Union

April 9, 2009

It was almost 6AM when we left Pampanga. The travelling was pretty long since we had to pass several provinces just to get to La Union. It was fun, though. The scenery outside the windows were nice and breath-taking. We passed by some farms which were filled with rice, corn, and tobacco plants. It was really pretty.

It was 12PM when we reached Branz Cottages, where we stayed for the night. My cousins, siblings, and I checked out the beach. The shore was kinda short, at least a meter or two from the sea. The sand was dark and so was the water. It looked pretty discouraging to me so I wasn't that excited on taking a swim. My sister, on the other hand, was purely ecstatic.

After some delicious lunch, I retired to our room and took up Susan Cooper's Silver on the Tree. I finished only one chapter, though, for I was too tired to read. (We had slept only for an hour or two.) I went to sleep after that.

When I woke up, I found out that my uncles had hired a boat and we were to go to the other side of the beach where the sand was white and the water clear. Frankly, I was happy. I quickly changed into my swimming clothes and joined them on the shore where we waited for the boat. Luckily, I was part of the first batch of "pilgrims" to ride the boat.

Upon arriving at the beach, I noticed that it looked like something you would see underwater. The rocks looked as if they were made of bones of corals. They were big and horribly uneven. Small snails and barnacles stuck to the rocks everywhere. It was pretty creepy. The sea here, however, was pretty clear, though, it reallly looked as if it belonged underwater. There were seaweeds everywhere and different kinds they were. Some even looked like the grasses we have here on land. My sister and I immediately explored the rocks. We found some pretty shells but I don't think we brought some home. Ehe.

We took a lot of pictures there. I especially liked the pictures I took of the setting sun. It was really pretty.

We went back to the cottages when the sun was just about to set. We had dinner and soon went to sleep. We'll be going to Baguio the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment