Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Today in school

Our airconditioner broke down in school a while ago and it was freakin' hot. It started in Geometry class (which is 1:00PM) and continued until AP (or History class in America or some other place). Geometry was cool and we had a new lesson which is 'The Slope of a Line'. Our teacher gave us an assignment and I was trying to solve it for a very long time (an hour or two actually but that's long enough) and I haven't figured it out yet. My brain is just going whack over the problems and I can't get it right. The light was sort of dim but that's not the problem. I was concentrating well enough even if I'm watching American Idol while doing my assignment. Oh well, I'll just ask my classmates tomorrow about it. I'm kind of wondering if they're going through the same mind torture... Well, anyway, Filipino was easy. We played Mario Kart DS all throughout the time because our teacher was out and she was kind enough to give us free time. Mario Kart DS was a great game and I enjoyed Rainbow Road and Bowser's (or Browder's) Castle. It was all a bit like Crash Bandicoot only smaller. However, it was still great. And because of that, I almost forgot to review for our test in History class about the Spanish and Portugal feud about exploration. Fortunately, though, I got past through it with a 23 over 25. The second mistake was really stupid of me not to notice because it was a spelling problem. And I was supposed to be good in spelling because I was a Spelling Bee champion before! Hello? I could've seen that. Anyway, after that, because it was super hot we went outside. The Sophomores were in the Fire Exit playing volleyball. If you were wondering, the Fire Exit is a big grassy place with a playground and a volleyball court. It has very high walls and a huge gate on one side. Anyway, as I was saying, they were playing volleyball and they invited us, the Juniors, to a friendly match (which we deduced we'd win). The game had three rounds, with us winning the 1st, losing the 2nd, and finally winning the third. We were simply ecstatic with joy even if we didn't get to play (I wanted to but the boys got to play first) because we were our class' cheerleaders. Actually, there were only three of us - my two best friends (and fellow bookworms) and I. It was fun, though.
The fun part came, however, when class was dismissed. Yeah, I know dismissal is fun but it's not exactly that. Dad was driving an owner-type jeep. I don't know if they got that on other countries but here in the Philippines we sure got lots of them! In case you don't know what it looks like, I'll sort of describe it for you. The jeep is small (kind of like the stuff you see in the military only it's shorter). It's a top-down sort of vehicle (I don't really know if that's the correct term for that but I guess you'd understand). The back part is mostly bare and there are only two seats and they're in front. Half of the back part was not really shaded so the sun came and shone down on the jeep. My sister and I liked to sit there and Dad allowed us so we sat there for the rest of the ride home. It was fun even if I could feel the sun beating down on my back. The people we passed were cool and it's refreshing to see people doing stuff they should do. It's really nice to ride on a owner-type jeep. Some people think it's absolutely cheap but if you really experienced the ride (as in really experienced and not just for the sake of riding it) you'll find out it's really sort of cool and fun. I loved it! Well, as they say, the littlest things in life are the ones that give us happiness.
That's it all for now. I hope to write more soon. Buh-bye!
P.S. I've finished reading 'Anne of Ingleside' and is now starting to read 'Rainbow Valley'. I find Jem and Walter sweet and caramellistic...

No comments:

Post a Comment