Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The things that fascinate me...

I would like to return in the 1900s and walk around in Canada, or in Montgomery's make-believe Avonlea. I do think that the surroundings are lovely. The weather is so fine then, don't you think? Almost no pollution... I hope we lived in a world like that. If we could only turn the strands of time back... Oh, and the flowers! The flowers are humongously lovely in those parts! We bought some flowers a while ago (a gumamela and bougainvilleas - I don't think I spelled that right... ). Someday when I have my own house I'd like it to have a really wide space for a garden and there'd be roses in it! Oh, lovely white and blood-red roses! I'd have them all around! My sister asked Dad if a house really needs a garden. He says that even a garden inside would be necessary and beautiful. I think that would be more convenient since it saves space but... The very thought of having lilies, daisies, and roses in pots inside your house! Simply unthinkable! That would be so un-romantic, as red-headed Anne Shirley would put it. When I have my garden I'd have it outside, with landscaping of course. And then the butterflies would come all year round and the air will be full of their sweetness (or caramellistic sweetness). Oh how lovely it will be! The very thought of it makes my heart leap with uncontainable joy. Nothing would suffice me as to see a very beautiful rose garden. I dread vegetable gardens because the fat catterpillars would rummage all over it and that'd be unbearable for me. I have a fear of bugs but not much as to scream whenever I see one.
However, what I don't like about the 1900s was that they didn't have cars. Cars are such fascinating things, don't you think? Really, I'd like to have a BMW someday but Dad is stating the obvious that we won't have a chance to buy one so I'm not keeping my hopes at it. It would be too troublesome to keep on hoping for nothing. There is one thing I could hope for, though. It would be to live for all eternity beside my Savior whom I live for to serve. The worst case scenario would be to stand in His presence only to be judged to go to Hell.
You could have noticed that I have been writing in my blog more than ever. It's because dear Anne Shirley (or Mrs. Anne Blythe, for that matter) has been imploring my literate mind to write and write and write. I would like it very much if I could keep a notebook with me at all times with which I could write all my thoughts into, only I don't have such a trusty notebook. But I'll find one, at least. Then it won't give me a guilty feeling to open the computer every single day. That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment