Friday, February 12, 2010

Book Review - The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

Rating: 8/10

I like this book very much because it screams "FEMINISM" and "EQUALITY!" all throughout. I like Lily's character - headstrong, complex, and innocent but somehow, sometimes, it makes you feel like she's so old. The trio of colored women is also interesting. Throw Rosaleen and the Daughters of Mary in and you've got a whole lotta love! The story is simple and very, very uplifting. I strongly recommend this book!

And, oh, bee-keeping is also interesting. I no longer wonder why Sherlock Holmes chose it as his past time. :)

Plus, I'm itching to watch the movie and see how Dakota Fanning and the others delivered their roles. Did they do the characters justice? I wanna know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment