Saturday, February 27, 2010

Book Review - The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate diCamillo


Rating: 10/10

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane is about a china rabbit who cares nothing for love. He is very arrogant because he is owned by a young girl named Abilene, who thinks highly of him. But, one day, he got separated from her. Thus begins the wonderful story of Edward Tulane.

I adore this book. The story is so simple and yet the message is so deep. It's so beautiful. I thoroughly enjoyed it. There are times in the book that made me want to cry (and I know that you will, too, once you get to read it). Adding to the book's beauty are the illustrations by Bagram Ibatoulline. The awards it received are so well-deserved. Katherine Paterson, author of Bridge to Terabithia, is right when she wrote in her review in Publishers Weekly:

"Why should I care what happens to an arrogant, overdressed china rabbit? But I did care, desperately, and I think I can safely predict you will, too."

It's one of the greatest books I've ever read and I really, really, really recommend it to everyone. (The style of writing is light so it's going to be an easy reading.)

[I'm so glad to know that it's going to have a movie that will be released this year!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment