Saturday, January 30, 2010

What has KHQ gone down to?

I may have temporarily left KHQ, but this has not stopped me from lurking. A while ago, I was just doing this activity and found (it's no longer surprising, really) that there was a new troll invading the kid-friendly forum. Or, should I say, once kid-friendly forum. It's sad to note that back in 2006, KHQ was still the greatest online tambayan for many of us. The members were nice and amiable and the atmosphere awesome. But, now... Look at what KHQ is now. It may have gotten a new layout but this masks the cruelty and the not-so-awesome people who hold the forum in their hands. I don't mean the admins or the mods when I said that. I mean some of the members do.

The atmosphere in KHQ today is changing: choking and full of smog. It's much like what our world today is like, slowly deteriorating.

Kuya Micael told me once that this slow downfall is not only cause by its members, but by the ignorance of the moderators also. I admit that I am guilty. I refused to reprimand these other members because I thought that it would be for the better. Or that I could influence them more if I joined them. But, alas, no. It caused all the more ruckus, not only in the forum but in my life also. When once the disease spread, I began to be plagued by guilty feelings. I hated myself, really, for making all this happen because, back then, I had the power to stop this. As a moderator, I had the will to do so. I could exert my power. But I did not. Maybe I was afraid...

The disease is worse now. I don't know if even the banhammer would do to cure it. Trolls are invading.

Just like what soul_hunter said, even one not-so-smart post would bring in the vultures. The newbie would experience all kinds of flaming and bashing (I'm looking at the DLS girls here) until finally, the member is driven away... It's just not right. Why couldn't we see that we were once in their place also? Innocent and perhaps a little ignorant? Just because you people are smart doesn't mean that you can undermine and trample on others. Give yourself a break. KHQ was no better with your blog. It has driven a lot of members away.

I don't get why trolls keep appearing. What do you guys gain by messing up a nice forum? You make me sick.

Many KHQ veterans keep saying that KHQ has changed. It really has. An awful lot. I no longer wonder why Kuya Micael left a long time ago. It was no longer about duty; it was more of a personal need, I think, to leave the past behind, especially when you've seen how great it was back then. (This reminds me of those early settlements...)

Like Carmine said, if the forum is just going to die like this, why not remove it now? I think it would be easier if we did that..

No comments:

Post a Comment