Sunday, January 24, 2010

This week was...

One of the best I've had in UPD! It is one of the most stressful weeks but - thank God! - it's fun and oddly relaxing.

Well, let's start with Monday: We had our first exam in Math 1. To tell the truth, I wasn't very confident with my answers. More or less, I might be likely to get a score of 36 - 54. I forgot to write that there were no Toki jeeps that day (at least I didn't see one...) so I had to walk all the way to the Math building. It was my first time, by the way. It was quite far and my legs were aching when I arrived. Anyway, after the exam, I walked again to the OUR to check the 2010 UPCAT results. Ha! There were a lot of people, mostly students, who were running their fingers down the lists to see if their names are printed. I wriggled my way in and took out a piece of paper where my sister's and her classmates's names were written. I went to the 'S' section first and looked for our surname. Voila! It was there! And guess what? She was eligible to enroll in UP Diliman and will take the course BS Tourism. Yes, I could jump up to the ceiling. I sighed, relieved, and all the tiredness went out of me when I read that name. Unfortunately, only my sister and Kim passed. But it's okay. At least somebody passed. :)

On Tuesday, I lost a Scrabble fight. My wins still outnumber the losses, though, with 5 to 2. Oh well. One can't win every game. At around 11:00am, my J100 group mates and I went to Philcoa to shoot our presentation (Libertarian Theory). We had lunch at McDo; we also planned to shoot there. However, when my group mates were shooting the second scene, the guard noticed and told them that they'd have to stop or else the manager might get angry. No choice. We left the restaurant and decided to shoot outside. However, some street children tried to grab our almost empty sundaes (we were using them as props). They were really scary, I tell you. When they finally left us, we went to Mini Stop and decided to shoot there. It was a good thing that the people there allowed us. :) After that, we went back to U.P. Haha! This is one of the fun parts of the day! We shot a scene where all of us had to lie on our backs along the University Avenue!

Wednesday saw one of the best experiences I've ever had as a MassCom student. Yeah, yeah, this isn't going to be the last, I know. ;) During the afternoon, we went to the studios of TV5 and watched a taping of Who wants to be a millionaire? It was fun for a lot of reasons. Mainly because they fed us three times? Haha! It was also my first cut... Which turned out to be unsuccessful because Ms. Mata wasn't around. Also, we went back to the dorm by 12:30am or later - my first. I was really scared, you know? What if the guard didn't let me in? LOL. But I did get in and slept soundly.

We were supposed to have our buddy date - Yna and I - today but the first workshop (a requirement to be able to enter BroadGuild) was going to occur that day, 4-7PM. We had to re-schedule. The workshop was all about flash animation and layouting. It was fun. I got to meet my buddy and gained 11 trivias about Kuya Rhai. I also got to meet three other FG's who didn't come with us on the media tour. I went back to the dorm at around 7:20 and took out my dinner. Tiring day...

It's finally Friday and I'm able to go back home. We still don't have Lingg 1 so I slept until 7am. :) Kas 2 is better since I'm more familiar with the discussions (the beginning of civilizations in Asia). Oh yeah. We're going to have our first exam January 30, Saturday, from 10am - 12nn. As the days pass, I feel more and more calm about the exam. Thank God... We didn't have English 11 (again) so I was able to go home at 1:30, I think. I arrived in Pampanga at 5 in the afternoon.

Haa... Rest until Monday. I'm able to go home on early Tuesday morning since we won't have Scrabble classes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment