Saturday, September 12, 2009

Movie Review - Whisper of the Heart

Rating: 10/10

Aww... This is such a nice, heart-warming movie. I didn't think it was corny at all, even with the love story. The character of Shizuku was so well-made, provided with a number of flaws that it seemed almost human. The story was believable, especially if you like to read a lot of books. Also, the thing I loved about this movie the most is that, somehow, I can relate to it. Like Shizuku, I'm a bookworm and I could just go on and on reading books forever. (The only thing is that I don't borrow books from libraries because of the limited time. I want to savor the flavor of books for a long time by owning them.) I've also thought about quitting college a lot of times and just write books. But I've learned, like her, that I need a lot of schooling and I'm willing to do everything to fulfill that dream.

The words of the Mr. Nishi were also nice. It gave me a lot of motivation to go on and to get over rejection and criticism.

By the way, it's from a manga by Aoi Hiiragi and adapted into a movie by Studio Ghibli, the studio that made great movies like Spirited Away and Ponyo. Hayao Miyazaki was also involved in the making of this movie.

This is a brilliant classic that is a must-see for any bookworm.

How I wish I too had a Seiji...

- - - - -

Anyway, three of my favorite snapshots from the movie. Why? Because in these pictures, Shizuku is like me an awful lot:

1.) I could be like this a lot. When studying, I would put away my textbook and pick up the novel I'm reading at the moment. You can't blame me when the subject is Biotechnology.


2.) I usually listen to music while studying.


3.) Animals aren't friendly with me, especially cats. They give me the silent treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment