Friday, July 24, 2009

July 20, 2009 - Media Tour

I woke up at 5:30AM to prepare for the media tour. We were to meet at the College of Mass Communication, 7:45AM. I was not as excited as I thought I was going to be (itineraries were Broadway Centrum and Creativoices). I was actually too calm for my own good.

I arrived to the meeting place at around 7:15AM. No one was there yet but I could have anticipated that.

We left at about 8:30AM or much later. There were only nine of us compared to the twenty-five who signed up to come. It seemed that when Saturday rolled by, people just started to back out. The result was the dwindling of the numbers down to less than a half. But it was all right, all the same.

Upon entering the Eat Bulaga studio, I was pretty surprised with the size of it. When you look at it in the television screen, it seems huge but when you're really there... Well, it was pretty small. I got over the first shock and sat down with my companions. We had to wait for the show to start because, well, it's going to be live so what did I expect? Sheesh. Anyway, after some waiting, the show officially began. Now that I think of it, I forgot the first performance.

I did have a good look at the hosts, though. I was able to see Pauleen, Paolo, Kim, Allan K, Julia, Lougee, Daiana, Anjo, Jimmy, the Sexbomb dancers, Joey de Leon, and, of course, Vic Sotto. They looked pretty much the same in personal. No disappointment there, guys. I didn't expect their faces to change or something, you know?

After that, we had lunch at Jollibee. I ordered a 1 pc. Chickenjoy with Jolly Spaghetti for 100 pesos with a regular Coke. :D

We proceeded to go to our final destination in Makati - Creativoices. I was not so giddy here as I thought I would be. Creativoices is the home of the dubbing industry in the Philippines. They've given voices to the characters of Meteor Garden, Boys over Flowers, and animes in Hero TV. We got the chance to meet the VoiceMaster, Pocholo Gonzalez. He taught us some valuable life lessons like the law of the flagpole (which he invented himself) and the law of the bicycle. It was pretty nice. But what excited me the most is the fact that Creativoices forged a partnership with UP Broadcaster's Guild (our block handlers). They were to notify and invite the guild if there were events such as AniCon, ToyCon, MangaHolics, and the likes. I could tell you that my heart leapt. Just hearing the word "cosplay" and "anime" excited me much. I would consider that as the best thing that happened that day.

I arrived at the dorm at past 7:30PM. No more dinner... It was a good thing that I still had some left-overs: the fried chicken from Jollibee and the spring rolls my grandmother gave me last Sunday. So, yeah. Itadakimasu!

Here ends the day of July 20, 2009. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment