Monday, June 22, 2009

June 15, 2009

My first night at the dorm. Every time someone texts me (especially when it's close kin) I can't help but feel a pang of homesickness. I want to cry so hard and what makes it worse is the fact that I don't have Wi-fi access in my room. Gah. I want to go home now!

...But there's an acquaintance party on Friday and we're required to go. Sheesh. I'll have to go home on Saturday morning. Gah! I miss home so much! I wish I was still there!

Mom called me after the GA meeting. It was so nice to hear someone's from your family in the other end of the line even when she's in Qatar. My voice can't help but break with the sadness.

Before sleeping, I read my Bible and listened to some Gospel music. It helped me to somehow cope with the homesickness and felt a little better. I also read some passages from the Bible with the Bible Promises for Students as a guide. A topic was named Loneliness and I read it. I nearly cried while reading and also while singing Through it all by Darlene Zschech. It feels like the best song for now. I want to go home this bad. I miss my family so much... It's a good thing that God is here to guide and comfort me through his Words and songs. Thank you so much, Lord. You are such a great God. I love you so much!

And I also decided to attend Collide on Saturday. I figured out just how much I missed the fellowship of fellow believers.

And I can't seem to go to sleep. Maybe I'm just not used to it. I wake up at different times during the night... :P

I miss my mom and dad.

I miss Ena.

I miss Tita Cris.

I miss Abby.

I miss Ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment