Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bob Ong

Wow... This author is incredible. He writes in an informal way but addresses serious issues like corruption and seriously wrong subtitles. So far, he's my favorite Filipino author.

Actually, I've never really gotten that urge to read Tagalog books. I've grown up thinking that the only existing Tagalog books are those thin erotic books where the cover consists mostly of a woman and a man together. Yes, Pinoy love stories. I thought they were the only Tagalog books. But when my best friend introduced Bob Ong's books to me, I was simply flabbergasted. They were Tagalog and... They were hilarious! Something of a rare find. To me.

The first BO book I read was ABNKKBSNPLko!?. That's when I became enthralled with BO's style of writing. Simple. Cute. Funny. Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hudas was second. Bakit Baliktad Magbasa Ng Libro Ang Mga Pilipino? followed just a few days later and, most recently, Stainless Longganisa. All the books I've read were hilarious but were brimming with sense that nobody but a self-proclaimed "Bobong Pinoy" with an IQ of 135 (or possibly higher) and believes that the evolution of language came from sundot-kulangot could think of. Bob Ong is simply amazing.

He may not that famous now but I know someday he will be. I'll keep hoping that he will because all the Filipinos just have to know what Bob Ong has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment