Sunday, May 4, 2008

Romeo X Juliet

I started watching Romeo X Juliet last week and I am in love with it! Totally! I absolutely love the opening song, "Inori ~ You Raise Me Up ~", sang by Korean-American singer, Lena Park. It's the Japanese cover for the song "You Raise Me Up".

The setting looks like Europe in the past. It's actually a country in the sky called Neo Verona. The people are divided into two: nobility and the commonpeople. The nobility is composed of the House of Lords. Neo Verona is ruled by a Duke and the titled is passed on to the heir (in this case, it's Romeo Candore Van To Montague).

The characters are nicely drawn. I love Francisco and Benvolio. Romeo is charming and Juliet is very pretty. I find the storyline nice and easy to understand.

I very much recommended this anime to any otaku. It's good to watch and, even though it doesn't follow Shakespeare's original plot, the story is played out nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment