Friday, May 9, 2008

New Book: Emily of New Moon

Yay! Finally after ages I bought a new book: L.M. Montgomery's Emily of New Moon, the first in the Emily novels. It cost 70 pesos in Booksale (Hey, where's the better deal?). I also found the second book, Emily Climbs, but, unfortunately, money was short. I also saw Gary Paulsen's Brian's Winter. It cost only 15 pesos and I doubt if I'll find one again because I didn't buy it. I also found two video tapes of Anne of Green Gables for 50 pesos but didn't buy it...

Anyway, Emily of New Moon is a story about an orphan girl named Emily Byrd Starr. After her father's death from consumption, the Murrays, her mother's family, decides to adopt her. She is then taken to New Moon Farm. On the care of her stern Aunt Elizabeth.

I'm in Chapter 8 right now and I'll post back when I'm done. Ta-ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment