Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day <3

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there! I wish you love and blessings in your life~!!

We had a busy day in church today. The Sunday School kids sang "Oh, happy day" and danced "Jesus is my Superhero" for their mothers. Bunny planters (with plastic flowers) and personalized hand towels were given away to the mothers.

During the afternoon, we had VBS. About 8 or 10 students were absent in our class. But still, it was fun. The friendship story of David and Jonathan was pretty cool to me. It isn't easy being in a situation like theirs and they prevailed with the help of God. It's truly a inspiring story. The kids seemed to have fun, which is the most important thing. They brought home small banners with the words, "God's power is unshakeable" written on them. During the last Assembly time, there was a Q&A about the day's lesson and everyone enjoyed. Yay~

After church (at about 5:30PM), we went to SM Clark to celebrate Mother's Day. We ate in French Baker. While waiting for the food to be served, my sister and I went to Booksale. Imagine my frustration when I saw new Anne books: Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Anne of the Island, Anne's House of Dreams, Anne of Ingleside, and Rilla of Ingleside! Alas! We spent four to five months rummaging for those books in Booksale and this one time... But anyway, I didn't find any other L.M. Montgomery books. I did see a Hardy Boys book but I'm not interested in it so I didn't buy it. There was also a new issue of Candy out but I didn't buy it 'cause money is short. I'll probably buy it next month (T_T).

The day has been pretty good to me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment