Sunday, June 12, 2011

If you think this is an Independence Day post, then you're wrong...

At eighteen and a half years old, I'm still like a kid rummaging through her mother's bureau - I don't know the first thing about make-up! Sure, I know about eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick, mascara, blush-on and all that stuff, but actually applying it is tricky. Yeah, I have watched and read about how to apply but it's hard when you're painting your own face. I have had make-up applied on me by other people, but I can't seem to do it to others or to myself. It's really frustrating, haha!

In the picture on the right, I tried applying pink eyeshadow and black eyeliner to match my clothes. The problem is, they disappear quickly because I have oily skin and the weather is freakin' hot. My mom says I should get waterproof make-up, but I bet that costs a ton. Also, the only make-up I could get along with are eyeliner, face powder, lipstick, and lip gloss. Even eyeshadow is a chore because I don't know which should come first: darker hues or lighter hues?

I'm getting the idea that the weather in the Philippines isn't suited for eyeliner. Once, I wore some and it was really hot. In the middle of the day, I looked like a bad version of an Addams Family member.

But, I am trying to learn, because I know I'll need it someday. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment