Saturday, April 16, 2011

Embroidery 101

Hello! Today was spent embroidering the Japanese symbol for the number 4 on one of my bags. Why the whole day, you might ask? The bag isn't that big and it's not a very complicated character, but... Well... Blame it on amateurish hands. Haha! I'm such an amateur when it comes to needlework, but, I must say, I am proud of what I've accomplished today! I was poked by the needle a lot of times. Thankfully, none of my fingers are bleeding. I got dizzy at times because I'm not used to it (we did some embroidery in high school... basic, of course) and because the process is horribly meticulous.

I embroidered the character because...
1. My birthday is December 4.
2. My favorite BLEACH character, Retsu Unohana, is the Captain of the 4th Division. (Cool, ne?)

I might bring the bag (more like pouch, really) on MetroCon because it's small and handy. Also, 4 in Japanese shares the same pronunciation as death, which is 'shi'. That's why the number is considered unlucky (could it also be the reason why Yumichika Ayasegawa considers it ugly???). Since I'm going to dress up as goth chick Sunako Nakahara, I think the symbolism would be appropriate.

2 comments:

  1. naalala ko lang yung TLE natin dati, nung nanahi tayo xD

    ayoko yung bleach para kasing sa_ _ _ic inspired, sorry naman.
    akala ko dati yung mga post ni mine na cosplay is not something as huge and big deal, big deal pa la ang cosplay as in may org pa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo nga, sir. Kung titignan mo yung buong series, wala talagang definition ng heaven kasi parang heaven na para sa author yung Soul Society, e may away and stuff pa rin naman dun. So, ayun nga, sir... Wala silang heaven. Pero mas maganda kasi yung story niya kaysa sa Naruto kaya pinapanood/binabasa namin. Hehe.
    Yes, sir! May groups pa sila. :)

    ReplyDelete