Saturday, November 27, 2010

Book Review - The Golden Road by L.M. Montgomery

Rating: 9/10

The new year is almost upon Beverly, Felix, Dan, Felicity, Cecily, Sara Ray, Peter, and the Story Girl. They can't hep but wonder what surprises the new year will bring them. Little do they know the many changes that would come to them. The Golden Road is the sequel to the equally delightful The Story Girl.

I didn't really like The Story Girl as much as I liked the others. But this one's pretty interesting because they put up their own magazine called Our Magazine. I think it's genius. Haha!

The changes that came into the children's lives are many and varied but, I think, the hardest that hit them is the realization that people have to grow up. Change has to come. It's something that we all learn some time in our lives and I'm not really sure whether I accept mine with happiness or regret. But, it's there and we've got to do what we could to cope with it.

All in all, The Golden Road is an interesting read, with an equally sad ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment