Friday, September 10, 2010

Book Review - Nancy Drew Files Case 1: Secrets Can Kill

Rating: 5/10
Nancy Drew goes back to high school to solve a mystery. Recently, Bedford High School has experienced a series of thefts and Mr. Parton asked the girl detective to find out who is doing it. But when the case turns to murder, Nancy finds there's more to the thefts than meets the eye, and she is determined to find out who is behind it all.
I didn't enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed reading the hardbound ones. Well, I never did like the Nancy Drew Files. It's more like a romance novel than a mystery novel. Sure, there's the sleuthing and all the what-not, but there's just something not right about it. The fact that Nancy could be "cheating" on Ned (because of Daryl Gray) is incredulous. The Nancy I read about in the hardbounds is not this Nancy. She's just so different, more mature maybe. It probably appeals to other teenagers, but not to me.
Like I mentioned above, it's written more like a romance novel. There's a lot of love and kissing going on and I just don't think I'd see the girls doing all that (especially George in the Nancy Drew on Campus series). So yeah, I pretty much didn't like it.

Oh yeah, it has a PC game version which is the first of all Nancy Drew games and I hope I get to play it one of these days. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment