Thursday, May 27, 2010

American Idol


I started watching this show when it was aired on QTV 11. That was 2008 and it was Season Seven, the year when rocker David Cook won. I have nothing against those results. It was pretty much obvious that Cook would win the title ultimately because of his swagger and the awe-inducing performances.

* But in Season Eight? Those are very questionable results. I mean, seriously? Adam Lambert did not win? Like, Kris Allen won over him? That is so messed up. Adam was clearly the better performer, the better singer. Isn't that what the show was all about? Putting morality issues aside, Adam was great. Kris Allen was light-years away from his awesomeness. I don't know what made the people vote for Kris Allen but there were rumors that the results for the finale were rigged. I sure agree. Up until now, I still like Adam Lambert better than Kris Allen. Yes, probably some of his songs are not very "ear candy" but just take a look at his Mad World performance. That has to count for something, eh? And the huge fanbase he has? Gawd. That just proves that he is so much more interesting.

In Season Nine, I really dearly thought Crystal Bowersox was going to get the title. But, no. They gave it to Lee de Wyze who gave an unsatisfactory performance a day before the finale. They were also saying that this season was the "girls season" so what of the results? Argh. Couldn't the voters see it? Crystal sang better.

Okay. Maybe that was just me and my bets. But, whatever. Simon Cowell is leaving Idol. Sad sad sad. He was the meanest judge but I know that everyone is going to sorely miss him.

So what's going to happen to the show now? Is it going to soar? Or is it going to continually flunk the ratings fight?

Can't tell. >_>

[* So why am I posting this just now? Because I want to. :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment