Friday, October 16, 2009

Two mishaps

October 16, 2009 is one of the most memorable days in my U.P. life. Why? Two important things happened to me today.

Mishap # 1:

We were taking our second long exam for Archaeology 2 when suddenly, my trusty black ballpen refused to write. So I took out another one from my metal pencil case. A few minutes later, it also refused to write, so I used the previous ballpen again. Then it refused writing so I took the other one. This happened so many times that I just decided to use my magic pencil (good thing it was there). I don't know if Sir Mandy allowed pencils during tests so I wrote an explanation on the first page of my blue book:
Hehe... Sorry po nawalan ng tinta ang mga ballpen ko. :)
I hope he understands...

Mishap # 2:

After the test, I walked back to the dorm to arrange my things for departure. I brought my bags downstairs and placed them beside the lady guard's table so she could watch over them while I check out. Two girls checked out before I did and went home to Baguio. When I finished the necessary procedures, I went back to the guard and found that my bags had disappeared. She was frantic and so was this other guy who I think is the gardener of the dormitory. I was feeling frustrated and was on the verge of crying but I held it off. Haha.

So the lady guard went to the RA Counter and reported the loss. The resident assistant gave us the numbers of the two girls and I started to call them. At first, they denied having taken the bags but when they checked... Tadah! They had taken them. By then, my voice was shaking. I asked them (as calmly as I could) to drop them off at the Dau terminal station. They agreed so I decided to leave the dorm.

As I left the building, I felt a horrible pang of sadness and tears began to form but I stopped them from falling. With only my backpack, I rode the Katipunan jeep, the LRT to Recto, and the bus to Angeles.

I dropped off at Dau and made my way to the terminal station, looking for the PTJ and Pasalubong Store where the two girls had left my bags. After some walking, I found it and inquired at the vendor. She affirmed the presence of my stuff and gave them to me (of course, she made sure that they were mine :)).

I don't think I'll be able to describe how happy I felt when I say my bags back. Haaaay...

No comments:

Post a Comment