Friday, July 31, 2009

Recap of the week

Monday - July 27, 2009

Arrived at the dorm at around 5:30PM only to find out that our outlets were down and out with no one to fix them. Ged, I thought. Well, I ate my dinner and proceeded to review for my MBB1 exam tomorrow. At around 7:25PM, I went to the mess hall where the Nutrition Month event was taking place. I read Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx while there. It's just not my thing to watch people on the stage. Plus, I couldn't even get a good glimpse of their faces because I was at the back (so there you go!).

Sleepy... Sleep sleep sleep... Without an electric fan.

Tuesday - July 28, 2009

Ah... Still no electricity.

MBB1 exam!!! (Yes, I know I'm skipping but that's because there were no important events in PE1 and BIO1, except maybe for the fact that I scored a recitation point with Dr. Jacinto.) It was pretty easy, I guarantee you that. BUT. BUT. BUT. THE SCIENTISTS! Ged! I didn't study them well. So there it goes... It's all up to fate now, people. And the petty guesses.

I bought Carmine's I.D. lace for 120 pesos and also an ice cream for myself because I'm depressed over the exam. The thought of Clarence makes me go all happy, though. XD

I had nothing to do in the evening so I decided to finish A Study in Scarlet. Towards the end of the novel, I began to feel jumpy. I was constantly looking out at the window. The sky was tinged with a crimson color. The sight heightened my agitation, people. It was so scary looking that I was so out of my wits. I could have dropped the novel but because I was near the end, I decided to finish it. The feeling didn't go away, though. So I grabbed my laptop and began to listen to In Christ Alone, Hungry, My Heart will Trust, and With all I am. Immediately, the feeling wore off and I was more of myself then. I also read Zephaniah 3:17, which is a very uplifting verse. My fears disappeared like smoke into thin air...

Wednesday - July 29, 2009

Still no electricity.

Again, I'm gonna skip 'cause the best thing that happened at around 1PM. We were getting copies of two short stories for our CW10 in the 2nd floor of the CAL building when, to my surprise, I saw dear Clarence walking down the hall. My heart jumped and my eyes... Oh, my eyes! I just can't believe that he was really there, studying in U.P. Diliman. My vigor was restored and I could have run out when he did to see where he went but a classmate was with me, so I didn't. I don't want to cause something that would ruin a promising friendship. So we walked back to Kalay but my mind was filled with images of Clarence walking away, tying his shoe laces, texting in the train...

Oh, finally! We had electricity! XD

I arranged my accounts on a new notebook for organization's sake. I found out that I spent 799 pesos last week, which is so far the highest amount of splurging I ever did in my stay in U.P. Diliman. It's amazing, man.

We watched an indie film entitled Astig at the Film Institute (for the sake of extra points, dear). It was nicely done but some scenes were just not for young eyes. I might write a review about it, though, if I ever get the motivation to do so.

Thursday - July 30, 2009

Woke up at 5:30AM, as was usual.

Nothing special happened to-day, except that I'm feeling bad about my MBB1 exam. I don't want to buy ice cream, either. *sigh*

Had my second follow-up session with Ate Alleli. It was fun. We talked about relationship and fellowship with God. XD

I went to the Main Library to research about the babaylan of olden times. 'Twas a pity the book was on loan... Or was it? I'm too lazy to read anyway. Haha. So I went to the free Internet section and spent an hour there, searching for Cypraea leucodon's plot in vain. I whiled away the time posting in my blog and Facebook, checking out some stuff, and some random surfing.

Ack. Hungry. Didn't eat any lunch 'cept for a Gardenia Fun Bun. Kiddy, I know.

Didn't see Clarence. I expected that, dears. It's not everyday that your wish gets answered, you know? XD

Still has no idea how to plot Jose Dalisay's Cypraea leucodon. My researches were futile but I was able to know that he was given the Palanca award 16 times, graduated in U.P. Diliman, studied in the U.S., and was imprisoned during the martial law days... *sigh*

Watched Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away. It's very nice and heart-warming. I recommend it to some depressed people out there. It's a really fun movie that you'll enjoy at any age, although it was created specifically for 10-year old girls. Miyazaki is really a great director.

No comments:

Post a Comment