Monday, February 23, 2009

The 81st Academy Awards



See that? That's Hugh Jackman! He's the host of the Academy Awards this year and he was just super great. Not only with his uber cool looks but also with his opening performance. That was a remarkable performance for me. One that will win a place in my heart forever. :D I love Hugh Jackman.

I'm overly obsessed again, am I not?

Anyway, Slumdog Millionaire won the most awards. I personally think the movie was great even though I haven't watched it. I'm basing on reviews, people.

As expected, Kate Winslet won the Best Actress award. I thought Brad Pitt would win the Best Actor award but it was Sean Penn who won the award. Oh well. Homosexuality rocks now? Nah.

I'm so happy Wall-E won the Best Animated Movie award. I knew it was coming. That was a great movie.

Heath Ledger won Best Supporting Actor. A tribute to Ledger, I guess. Penelope Cruz won Best Supporting Actress. She's a pretty Spanish girl. :D

I'm glad that Departures won. Why? It's a Japanese movie, that's why.

So sad Ploning didn't make the cut. It would have been a milestone for the Philippine Movie Industry. Better luck next time, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment