Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Sherlock Holmes movie

Yep! You've read that right! And it's going to be directed by Guy Ritchie (whom I've never heard of). It's scheduled to be out by 2010. Shooting will start this fall.

It currently has two casts (as of now). Sherlock Holmes is played by Robert Downey, Jr. His friend and companion, Dr. Watson, will be played by Jude Law.

I'm just giddy with excitement to watch this flick especially now that I'm addicted to the world-famous sleuth. I hope that by the time the movie is released, the awareness that the greatest fictional detective the world has ever known is Mr. Sherlock Holmes who lived in 221B Baker Street, and not random anime characters. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books just got clean off the shelves and I've seen some in rare occasions. But then, to Holmes there is still hope.

I wonder what Holmes himself would think of this...

How I wish the world would produce more detectives like the chain-smoking, cocaine addict Sherlock Holmes. :D

Ciao for now~

No comments:

Post a Comment