Friday, September 5, 2008

Mistress Pat - Finished!

After three grueling days, I have finally finished Mistress Pat. Oh yes, it had only run for 277 pages. I have noticed that Montgomery's writing style has diminished a bit and has gone on with a modern vibe. Or is it because I haven't read a Montgomery book for a month? Probably the latter...

Anyway, the story was cute but Pat is still hateful to me. Too addicted to houses. However, I liked the ending. Finally, they've been married and engaged. Oh, the joy of Jing-- err, Hilary Gordon! And what a scrumptiously glorious house they must have! I want a house near the shore... Well, my Hilary, you've read, I hope...

The only thing I didn't like about it was Judy's passing. It was expected to come but... There's still a little hollow ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment