Sunday, December 30, 2007

A whirlwind of events

So many things have been going on this month of December. Christmas has just passed and I'm very happy about it. I'm also half-sad 'cause not one of my classmates greeted me a 'Merry Christmas', that is, except for Aldwin and Geneva. But even without those, my Christmas has been good and special. I received a nice shirt and bag from my aunt. My money reached up to 850 pesos this year. Haha. I bought books with it. Oh yeah... Here are my new books: Rilla of Ingleside, Anne of the Island, At the Altar, and The Story Girl (all of them are written by Lucy Maud Montogomery). I bought them all from Booksale (Lucky!). I also got to read Mitch Albom's Tuesdays with Morrie. It's a very inspiring book and a must-read. It's light-reading but the contents are very heavy. Still, all the contents bring us all back to the subject of love. Morrie shares that the best thing in life is to "give out love and receive it". I also like the bit about confusing our needs for our wants. Morrie gives us an example. I quote, "You need food. You want a chocolate sundae. You don't need the best car or the biggest house." This book made a huge impact on my life. What Morrie says is equally true for all of us. Though we may try to hide it, everything Morrie says is true for us all.

We're going to spend our New Year's Eve on St. Augustine Village (where my grandma and grandpa form mother's side lives). I'm excited and giddy! Haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment